LOVE Where you LIVE
We designed this L.A.B. (learn, apply, build) a few years ago because there is a huge issue in the construction industry of people starting design and construction before they have fully done their research and homework.
The consequence of inadequate upfront research of your needs and options is like building a house on a bad foundation. The foundation is the most important part of the building because everything is built on top. It is very expensive to change the foundation once you have started to build on top of them. It is very easy to change them if they are simply lines on a plan. So we spend a little more time on the research rather than rush into the design phase.
We will not rush this step. It only causes cost over runs later if we take short cuts and don’t establish a solid foundation.
The valuable insights you gain from this first phase can be used by us or any other architect and will ultimately produce a better result for you. This Project Planning L.A.B. starts a strategy designed to precisely understand your requirements, then to give findings and recommendations and a plan to move forward with a timeline and budget.
PROJECT PLANNING L.A.B.
Project Planning L.A.B.
What we provide:
- Site visit
- Research possibilities of site / viability
- Research codes and constraints
- Project concept outline / program
- Project needs: services, consultants, required
studies and calculations
- Project finances: estimated city fees, expected
- Timeline and process prior to building
- Production of report included
- Travel expenses within San Diego County (all other
areas beyond this are priced at cost)
What to expect at the L.A.B.:
- Review planning lab report
- Results of site inspection
- Consider project scope in detail and weigh options
- Examine the look and feel of the project
- Assess estimated budget and budget expectations
- Evaluate service options
- Discuss process prior to building
- Space plan sketch to start design discussion
- Fee proposal for architectural services and
estimated consultant fees
- Explain future L.A.B.'s that continue to ensure the
finished project you expect